Red Velvet cake is quite possibly the best I’ve ever had. It’s easily my favorite and I can never get enough! When I saw this picture on Pinterest, I was instantly interested. I was brought to this blog where I was able to see the original picture and recipe (sorry, I totally can’t take credit for this awesome recipe). Check it out!
You will need:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- assorted cookies and crackers (my favorite was Vanilla Wafers)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the red velvet cake mix, the brown sugar and the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap up into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the chocolate chips on a plate or in a shallow dish. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in the chocolate chips. (This might get messy!) Place on a serving plate and serve with cookies or graham crackers.