I love trying out new recipes, especially in the spring when there are more fun events to bring them to!
I went to one of my favorite blogs to check out some new recipes and ended up finding this one. I think it looks really good and I can’t wait to try it!
I can’t take credit for this recipe and picture. They can be found right here, otherwise you can check it out below:
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 TBs all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cups salted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of softened cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 (or more if you want) cups fresh berries (your choice – blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries) May use frozen, if necessary.
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with non stick floured baking spray.
- In large bowl, create crust mixture by tossing oats, 1 1/3 cups of the flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder and butter.
- Lightly press mixtures into the bottom of greased pan.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until crust begins to brown.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy, then add remaining 1 cup sugar and remaining 2 tb flour.
- Beat until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until blended.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spread berries over cooled crust, then pour cream cheese mixture over berries.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes, or until knife comes out clean and center feels firm when touched.
- Let cool two hours, then cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled (approximately 3 hours).
- Cut into squares and garnish with powdered sugar.
Summer will be here before we know it! I’m so excited that I can hardly stand it! I wish the season were longer, because it’s definitely my favorite. One of my favorite things about summer is all of the grilling that takes place. I’m usually the one in charge of coming up with sides for the grilled items. I found this recipe for pasta salad. It was a huge hit last summer and I’m thinking it will be the same way this summer! Check it out here to see the original picture and recipe or look below!
- 1 (16 ounce) package fusilli (spiral) pasta
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound salami, cubed
- 1/4 pound sliced pepperoni, cut in half
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with tomatoes, cheese, salami, pepperoni, green pepper, olives, and pimentos. Pour in salad dressing, and toss to coat.
I love tacos and I love pizza, so this recipe combines the best of both worlds.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and am really glad I did. I’m getting the ingredients tomorrow on my weekly grocery store run and am planning on making it tomorrow night!
I think this is going to be a big hit with my family. The original recipe can be found right here. Otherwise, check it out below.
1/2 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 green onions, chopped
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat 2 pie plates with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place beef, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until beef is evenly browned. Drain off grease. Season the meat with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Lay one tortilla in each pie plate, and cover with a layer of refried beans. Spread half of the seasoned ground beef over each one, and then cover with a second tortilla. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the plates from the oven, and let cool slightly. Spread half of the salsa over each top tortilla. Cover each pizza with half of the Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Place half of the tomatoes, half of the green onions, and half of the jalapeno slices onto each one.
- Return the pizzas to the oven, and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, and let cool slightly before slicing each one into 4 pieces.
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but for so many of us that are running in several different directions every morning, it can be hard to have a sit-down breakfast meal. It’s a lot easier to just “grab and go”, which is why a lot of us have an unhealthy breakfast or just skip the meal all-together. This is why these peanut butter cheerio bars make a great breakfast food. Peanut butter provides great protein and the “healthy fats” that keep the mind working well. Cheerios also are a great source of grain and are heart healthy.
These bars are easy to make, and easier to take with on the way out the door. The recipe and picture were originally found right here, so follow the link to be hooked up to this great blog!
Anything with peanut butter goes over really well with me. I think peanut butter should be in a food group all of its own. You can imagine my excitement when I came across this recipe for triple peanut butter cookie pie. I can’t take credit for this amazing recipe and cute picture, so if you want to check out the original, follow this link. Otherwise, check it out below:
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
1 large egg
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
heaping 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
pinch salt, optional and to taste
12 to 14 mini peanut butter cups
about 2/3 cup Peanut Butter M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with floured cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, optional salt, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pie dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly insert the peanut butter cups into the batter, pushing them down so the top is almost flush with the surface of the dough.
- Evenly insert the M&Ms into the batter, pushing them down to anchor.
- Bake for about 28 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. If your pie has risen in the center, it will deflate as it cools. Allow pie to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving; however, for optimal results, cool overnight because it gives the flavors a chance to marry and the pie to really set up fully. Pie will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months (color may leech from the M&Ms if you freeze it).