Red Velvet cake is quite possibly the best I’ve ever had. It’s easily my favorite and I can never get enough! When I saw this picture on Pinterest, I was instantly interested. I was brought to this blog where I was able to see the original picture and recipe (sorry, I totally can’t take credit for this awesome recipe). Check it out!
You will need:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- assorted cookies and crackers (my favorite was Vanilla Wafers)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the red velvet cake mix, the brown sugar and the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap up into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the chocolate chips on a plate or in a shallow dish. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in the chocolate chips. (This might get messy!) Place on a serving plate and serve with cookies or graham crackers.
I tend to use my Crock-Pot a lot more in the winter than I do in the summer. However, when I came across this recipe on Pinterest when a couple of my co-workers were talking about it and saying how delicious it was. Most of them have children, and they said that it was a HUGE hit with the kids and that they asked for it again the next day!
You can follow this link for the original blog post and picture (shown on this post). If you try it out, please let me know how it goes! I love feedback, especially if you make any changes to the recipe.
I love tacos and I love pizza, so this recipe combines the best of both worlds.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and am really glad I did. I’m getting the ingredients tomorrow on my weekly grocery store run and am planning on making it tomorrow night!
I think this is going to be a big hit with my family. The original recipe can be found right here. Otherwise, check it out below.
1/2 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 green onions, chopped
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat 2 pie plates with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place beef, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until beef is evenly browned. Drain off grease. Season the meat with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Lay one tortilla in each pie plate, and cover with a layer of refried beans. Spread half of the seasoned ground beef over each one, and then cover with a second tortilla. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the plates from the oven, and let cool slightly. Spread half of the salsa over each top tortilla. Cover each pizza with half of the Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Place half of the tomatoes, half of the green onions, and half of the jalapeno slices onto each one.
- Return the pizzas to the oven, and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, and let cool slightly before slicing each one into 4 pieces.
I have serious wedding fever lately. I’m helping plan my best friend’s wedding (she’s getting married in August) and there has been talk of a wedding in the future for me as well. So naturally I do what all girls do and hop on Pinterest and look for great ideas.
I’m trying to find signage for the reception and ceremony for my friends wedding. I found some great things on Etsy (like this Mr & Mrs signage pictured above). I love the great things they have on Etsy that are customizable and available for order. Whether your wedding is vintage and rustic, or sparkly and elegant you can find everything that you could ever want. Most sellers have items that are coordinating, so make sure you check out all of the items from the seller if you find something you like.
I love cooking breakfast on the weekends when I don’t work. During the week, I look for recipes and try to pick out something new. I usually go on Pinterest to do this (where else!?) and end up finding some really great stuff! Last weekend, I made these blueberry muffins and they were fantastic. I was led to this great blog and I think I’m going to visit it again in the near future!
The link and the recipe for the site can be found right here. If I were you, I would make these and cook up some scrambled eggs and sausage on the side. That’s what we did and it was the perfect combination. The eggs and meat are simple which is just fine because the muffins are SO good.