Have you ever found a recipe before that you didn’t think you would be able to find or make? This is the best feeling and the anticipation really builds when you have to wait!
One of my favorite places to eat is Chipotle. I love the rice there and was super excited to try out this recipe. You can access the original picture and recipe here, or check it out below:
You will need:
- 1 cup of extra long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice (you can also use one medium lime if you prefer, but I went with the juice since fresh limes are so expensive right now)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- Soak rice in a bowl of cold water for ten minutes. This is optional, but helps it from getting “mushy” while cooking. Drain.
- Heat oil over low heat in a skillet and add rice. Cook for one minute and add water and salt. Bring to a boil and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes, or until a lot of the water has evaporated. When there is there is just a little water skimming the top of the rice, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rice from heat, keep covered, and let sit for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add cilantro, lime juice, and rice. Stir, serve, and enjoy!
It seems like summer is the season when all of the best movies come out in the movie theater. After reading the book by John Green, I just had to check out “The Fault in Our Stars” this weekend and I’m really, really glad I did! This is probably one of my new favorite movies and I’m actually thinking of going to see it again next weekend with my sister.
This is definitely a movie that pulls at your heart-strings and you can see why if you check out the brief movie description on iMDb, “Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel’s other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group.”
Tonight for Cinco de Mayo, I’m trying out a recipe that I’ve been wanting to get for years. One of my favorite places to eat is at Chipotle Mexican Grill, and they have the BEST rice. I decided to try it out, so I went searching online for the copycat recipe. I found it! The link for the original recipe (and picture) is here, but you can check it out below.
- 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low andcover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.
In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.
Summer is my favorite season of the year. I love all things summer (except I suppose the bugs!) and look forward to it. Each spring, I get the itch to do a little shopping and update my wardrobe. This year, my main focus will be on accessories. I have discovered that I need to get a little more wear out of the clothes that I do have before I go get more. I can change the look on an outfit entirely just by adding some fun accessories! I found some really cute designer leather handbags.
I feel like these are three bags that are varied in size and style as well as creating a fun look with different colors!
What are some of your summer looks to love?
When I was younger, I used to play with Barbie dolls all of the time. I had quite the collection, and so did my best friend. Since we lived so close, we would take turns playing at each other’s houses and of course each had a little rolling suitcase to make for easy transport. I feel like I was in the Barbie stage for quite a large chunk of my childhood, and was glad that my mom kept a few of my Barbie dolls for my future girls.
Since I don’t have any kids yet, I put them out whenever my niece comes over. She loves playing with them as much as I did, if not more!
Last time she was over, we hopped online and went to the Barbie website. There is so much to do on that site! There are a ton of fun, interactive games and even a way to virtually design a Barbie Dream House. I wanted to share in case any of you have young girls that would enjoy this site as much as my niece does.