Have you ever found a recipe before that you didn’t think you would be able to find or make? This is the best feeling and the anticipation really builds when you have to wait!
One of my favorite places to eat is Chipotle. I love the rice there and was super excited to try out this recipe. You can access the original picture and recipe here, or check it out below:
You will need:
- 1 cup of extra long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice (you can also use one medium lime if you prefer, but I went with the juice since fresh limes are so expensive right now)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- Soak rice in a bowl of cold water for ten minutes. This is optional, but helps it from getting “mushy” while cooking. Drain.
- Heat oil over low heat in a skillet and add rice. Cook for one minute and add water and salt. Bring to a boil and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes, or until a lot of the water has evaporated. When there is there is just a little water skimming the top of the rice, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rice from heat, keep covered, and let sit for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add cilantro, lime juice, and rice. Stir, serve, and enjoy!
Tonight for Cinco de Mayo, I’m trying out a recipe that I’ve been wanting to get for years. One of my favorite places to eat is at Chipotle Mexican Grill, and they have the BEST rice. I decided to try it out, so I went searching online for the copycat recipe. I found it! The link for the original recipe (and picture) is here, but you can check it out below.
- 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low andcover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.
In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.