Last night, my man and I enjoyed a date night. We went to dinner and a movie and had a great time! It was so nice to get out of the house and we both really enjoyed ourselves. We have this rule that one of us chooses a movie and the other chooses the place to eat! He chose Olive Garden, which meant that I got to pick the movie! We went to “If I Stay”, which just came out in theaters yesterday.
This was a fantastic movie and we both really liked it. If you have time in the next few weeks to go see a movie, I recommend this one! There is a trailer and a full movie synapsis at my go-to movie website, Fandango. Check it out!
Every Sunday night, I turn on the TV to E! Channel and watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I love this show because the girls are pretty entertaining to watch.
If you are unfamiliar with the show, it’s about a family who is in the fashion and modeling industry. There are three sisters (Kourtney, Khloe and Kim) and their family members (mom, step-dad, two half-sisters, and step-brothers), kids, husbands/boyfriends, and friends.
It’s interesting to see what they do in a typical day and the funny adventures and situations they end up in. This season is getting pretty good and I’m loving the new episodes every Sunday night. Check it out!
There is not a whole lot that beats a day of relaxation at the day spa. It’s very beneficial to get massages, which is my favorite things to get at the spa. I’ve tried some other things at CloudMover (the best massages Huntington Beach has to offer), including facials, waxing, custom spray tanning, and wraps. I love them all, but I’m a “tried and true” girl and enjoy a massage the most. Some of the benefits to massage therapy include improved circulation, reduced stress levels, decreased tension levels and reduction of muscle pain and injury.
This is an awesome place to visit yourself and also makes for a great gift to others. Check it out and see why it’s so amazing!
Red Velvet cake is quite possibly the best I’ve ever had. It’s easily my favorite and I can never get enough! When I saw this picture on Pinterest, I was instantly interested. I was brought to this blog where I was able to see the original picture and recipe (sorry, I totally can’t take credit for this awesome recipe). Check it out!
You will need:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- assorted cookies and crackers (my favorite was Vanilla Wafers)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the red velvet cake mix, the brown sugar and the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap up into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the chocolate chips on a plate or in a shallow dish. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in the chocolate chips. (This might get messy!) Place on a serving plate and serve with cookies or graham crackers.
Doesn’t it seem like all of the best movies come out during the summer? Some of the best hot, humid evenings can be spent in a nice, cool movie theater with a box of popcorn.
One of the movies that I really want to see is “And So It Goes“. Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton co-star in this and they’re both actors that I love! According to IMDB, the description is: “A self-absorbed realtor enlists the help of his neighbor when he’s suddenly left in charge of the granddaughter he never knew existed until his estranged son drops her off at his home.”
The previews I’ve seen on TV look pretty funny! I can’t wait to check it out.